CharityDOs.com.au (“the Website”) is an online service operated by CharityDOs Pty Ltd (“CharityDOs”) offering FREE event listing service to help charity and non-profit organisations promote their cause through the development of an online community and social media.
1. What information do we collect?
CharityDOs collects certain personally identifiable information from our users and members via the Website for the purpose of providing our service including:
a. Registration Information
To use the Website for certain functions including buying tickets, creating events or uploading event comments you must register.
When you register on the Website you are required to provide your name and email address. Your age range is also required so that we can determine that you are above the minimum age requirement of 13 years required to use this Website.
You can choose at any time to deactivate your account. Once you deactivate your account your profile will not be visible to others members of the Website or people on the internet generally, nor will you receive any email notifications. Your profile information will remain on our server for a period of 6 months following deactivation in case you later choose to re-activate your account, following which it will be permanently deleted.
b. Optional Information
We will also ask you to answer optional questions about your gender, postcode, charity event interests and to upload a profile photo. You are not obliged to provide this information, however this information will improve your experience on the Website and enhance our ability to suggest events and tailor promotions that align with your interests.
You can select from a number of privacy settings on your profile which gives you control over who can see your information, including your personal information and details of events that you’re attending. In the default setting only members whom you have confirmed as “friends” on the Website can see your profile and events you are attending.
When you upload information or photos to the Website, subject to the privacy settings you have elected, that information may be available to people on the Internet, even after you have removed that content or deactivated your account on the Website.
c. Public Information
Your name and if provided profile photo are available to registered members of the Website to help you find your friends. To connect to another member as a friend you must accept their invitation to become your friend.
If you elect to set a profile item to “public” this information may be available to anyone with access to the Website. If you set a profile item to “site members” any registered member may have access to that item.
As an online community you are able to post comments, photos and other content to the Website. This information is available to anyone with access to the Website.
To help promote your event, event information may be posted on other websites including Facebook.
2. Use and Disclosure of your information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide our ticketing service and receive payment for that service. You must provide accurate contact information (such as name, email, telephone number and postcode) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date) to receive services from CharityDOs. If we have trouble processing an order, we may use this information to contact you.
- Provide the ticket purchases name and email to the fundraising event’s host to enable them to configure the venue and contact you in the case of any changes to the event.
- Provide the fundraising events host name, email and phone number to the ticket purchaser to enable them to contact the host if required.
- To improve your experience with the Website, including the provision of location services, suggesting future events and tailor advertising that will suit your interests. Users may receive emails relating to their sales and purchases, or relating to further offers on the Website.
- For internal operations purposes including: the improvement of service level, troubleshooting, and data analysis. CharityDOs may provide aggregate information about the services and customers of CharityDOs to third parties, but this information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
We will not provide advertisers with your personal information or any other information that would enable them to personally identify or contact you other than the information that you have made available directly to them or to the public on the Website.
We use third parties to provide services to the Website. We may share certain information with those third parties for the purposes of providing those services. We will not share any of your personal information to a third party, unless:
- We have received your permission.
- It is required to provide you with services you have requested.
- We are required to do so by an recognised law enforcement authority or government regulation.
- We have removed any personally identifiable information.
3. Changing and accessing your information
Individuals at all times retain the right to access their personally identifiable information to ensure its accuracy. You can access your profile information from the My DOs->My Profile pages.
You can change your personal security settings by accessing these setting from: My DOs->My Profile->Edit Profile.
4. Information security
CharityDOs does not hold any payment details which you have provided to make purchases through the Website (for example credit card or direct debt details). All payments are processed through the third party financial gateway PayPal Pty Ltd.
Your profile information is maintained on a secure server behind a firewall.
5. System technology we use
CharityDOs may change this privacy statement at any time.
The Website may contain links to other Websites that are not owned or controlled by CharityDOs. CharityDOs takes no responsibility for and cannot ensure the privacy practices of such other Websites.
We have no direct relationship with any advertiser or event host on the Website and are not liable for the content of any advertisement or event on the Website or the content of any external page you are directed to by clicking on a link on the Website.
Advertisers and event hosts may be placing and reading cookies on your browser, or using Web beacons to collect information about users on the Website including, without limitation, your IP address. You may opt out of cookies and Web beacons by adjusting the appropriate settings on your browser.
By registering with CharityDOs you will be deemed to have read and accepted this policy and agreed for your information to be used and stored in Australia.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement, please contact CharityDOs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last updated on14 July 2019.