We are running Garv's charity Golf day again in 2014.
This year we are looking to go bigger and better. First step is to raise more money - hence tickets are now $70. Second, we have a great new charity to donate to: the Children's Cancer Institute at UNSW. This organisation is probably the most advanced cancer research facility in Australia and focuses soley on finding a cure to childhood cancer.
They are wholly independent and rely on charitable donations for much of their funding.
We are also looking to mix things up a bit this year - using what worked well, and organising some new stuff. What we are looking at:
1. Keep the bus option for those who do not wish to drive/catch a cab. This worked well - allowing people to be dropped off at a central location in the southern suburbs.
2. Introduce sponsorship for holes and for closest to the pin/longest drive. These will be $200 each.
3. Introduce a fancy dress option. Groups can choose to play in fancy dress to win prizes. This is optional.
4. We are looking for something different re: food and drinks options.
5. We will try extra hard to organise a shotgun start, to avoid to many stragglers on the course
6. We are investigating an "afterparty/kick-on" event, which would be included in the ticket price. Stay tuned.
Extras: We are looking at getting some helpers on the day for presentations,refuelling the players etc - if you are keen for these duties let Adam or Scott know.
Rules: We will play four ball/best ball. ie you play the best shot of the group on each stroke. If you have a preference for a particular group, let us know - otherwise we will structure the groups so you're with your mates and also mix up the good and not-so-good players to even it out.
* Pay above to secure your place
* email Adam: firstname.lastname@example.org or Scott: email@example.com with your handicap (Maximum = 36).
* Share on facebook/twitter. Invite your Dads, Mums, friends, anyone we've left off the list or anyone you think would be interested in raising money for cancer research