Native Beekeeping 101 - with Ian Driver from A Green Soul Native Bees
Australia has over 1660 native bee species, all playing their critical part in our uniquely Australian environment and ecosystems.
With the ongoing loss of habitat, and other threats to our wildlife, we all have a role to play in protecting our precious bees.
Learn about some of our most popular and beautiful native bees, and how to attract them into your garden with plants and insect hotels. You will also see inside a native stingless bee hive and get to taste their amazing honey.
This course will cover both our native solitary bees and our stingless bees, and options for keeping them in gardens or even on decks and verandas.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- An interactive, entertaining presentation on our amazing Australian Native Bees
- Witness a stingless bee hive split, and taste honey straight from the hive
- Construct your very own bee hotel for your garden
- Learn what will inhabit your bee hotel and what to look for
- What plants attract native bees
- Taste the amazing native stingless bee honey
- Links to further learning resources
- Sample bag with information for you to start your bee journey
- Various native bee products available for purchase on the day
WHAT TO BRING
- Your love of bees!
Click here to buy tickets - https://events.humanitix.com/native-bee-keeping-101