Recipe for a night of culinary indulgence
- 5 x Deliciously talented Australian chefs – Matt Moran (ARIA), Darren Robertson and Mark LaBrooy (Three Blue Ducks), Marion Grasby (Marion’s Thailand) and Justin North (Hotel Centennial).
- 2 x fabulous hosts – Karen Ledbury & Luke Hinze
- 1 x 5 star venue – The Hilton Grand Ballroom, Sydney
- 1 x Interactive, live kitchen stadium setup manned by celebrity chefs
- 450 x guests with a passion for fine dining and helping our Aussie Kids in need
- A pinch of sensational entertainment including new Variety Ambassador, 11 year old drumming prodigy, Jagger Erber-Alexander
- A handful of money-can’t-buy lifestyle and getaway prizes on auction with all proceeds going toward Variety.
- Combine chefs on an interactive kitchen stage to create an inventive, tantalising four course menu:
- First Course by Darren Robertson and Mark LaBrooy (Entree): Raw King Fish, Fennel Buttermilk, Beetroot and Wasabi Vinegar
- Second Course by Justin North (Entree): Ocean Trout Pastrami, Devilled Crab and Green Mango
- Third Course by Matt Moran (Main): Slow Roasted Lamb Neck with Roasted Eggplant, Caramelised Yoghurt and Tarragon
- Fourth Course by Marion Grasby (Dessert): Coconut and Kaffir Lime Pannacotta
- Mix with fantastic company, irresistible auction prizes and sensational entertainment
- Serve with a premium collection of fine wines by Bimbadgen, Calabria and Pieroth
PLATE UP the tastiest culinary event on the Sydney carte du jour, the sixth annual Variety of Chefs Black Tie Gala Dinner at the Hilton Grand Ballroom from 6:30pm on Saturday 26th July 2014. This glamorous night of sophisticated food, premium wines, sensational entertainment and an irresistible array of prizes is all in the name of fundraising for Aussie kids in need.
COOKING NOTES: Not only is this wonderful event a treat for foodies, but to date it has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for sick, disadvantaged and special needs kids. This year all proceeds will go towards Variety’s Freedom Program – to provide vital equipment for children so that they can gain mobility, independence and self-esteem, enabling Aussie kids to be kids.
Tickets: $250 per person or $2,250 for groups of ten, or Silver Sponsorship tables of ten for $5,000. For further information and tickets visit http://www.varietyofchefs.com.au/sydney/or call (02) 9819 1004.
ABOUT VARIETY – the Children’s Charity
Variety-the Children’s Charity is a national not-for-profit organisation committed to empowering Australian children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs to gain mobility, independence and self-esteem. By giving practical equipment, programs and experiences, Variety helps children in need to overcome whatever obstacles they face and live life to the fullest. Simply put Variety HELPS KIDS BE KIDS.Today, Variety delivers an average of $1Million every month in individual and organisational equipment grants across Australia, filling the gaps often left by governments and other organisations. Variety is often a family’s last resort to secure equipment vital to their children’s wellbeing.