GIO Oz Day 10K Wheelchair Race | 30th Anniversary
DATE: 26th January
TIME: 9:00am – 10:30am
WHERE: The Rocks
PRICE: Free (with free breakfast)
- Some of the world’s best wheelchair athletes including World and Commonwealth champion Kurt Fearnley will converge in Sydney for the 30th anniversary of the hottest race on two wheels the GIO Oz Day 10k race.
- The Governor of NSW, General David Hurley, will start the race.
- The start/finish line is outside the Museum of Contemporary Art and the best vantage points are George Street in The Rocks and Hickson Road.
- Athletes from Australia (NSW, VIC, QLD, WA, ACT), Canada, France, Japan, Germany, Switzerland, South Korea, Mauritius and Ghana.
- To welcome the spectators, with the support of GIO, a free breakfast is provided, kicking off at 8am beneath the Cahill Expressway on George St, The Rocks.
ALL EVENTS ARE FREE FOR THE PUBLIC TO ATTEND. Details are on the Wheelchair sports NSW website
MEDIA CONTACT: Debbie Green, AVVISO Public Relations, 0412 547 088