I’ve done a style 360° this week and take fashion from formal to fitness.
When you’re registering for your next CharityDo’s athletic event, consider some style information and tips in choosing activewear that will guarantee a few extra likes for your ‘healthies’ on your Instagram account.
Activewear is a booming fashion market and sporty luxe is no longer just a trend but a fashion market that is here to stay. With advances in technology and manufacturing and a new focus on hip and stylish designs, working up a sweat in style is the new norm.
Activewear is no longer relegated to the bottom drawer of your wardrobe but rather takes a very important top shelf. Luxury online retailer, www.net-a-porter, are so serious about activewear they have launched ‘Net-a-Sporter’ to keep up with demand for luxury sporting apparel.
Now that both women and men are no longer limiting their activewear to exercise but incorporate it into their daily lives and daywear, what to wear to hit the pavement for a run, strike a downward dog pose or hit the gym is tres important.
Tips to choose stylish activewear:
- Choose your sports bras and tops, such as racer back styles, as you would your swimwear by ensuring bust size and cup is the same
- Tights should fit firm and snug, not loose and floppy
- Choose high-waisted tights to avoid muffin top and pair with a loose-fitting singlet or top
- Panelling on tops and bottoms create the illusion of length and flatter the figure
- Matching top and bottom also creates the illusion of length
- Choose breathable fabrics such as mesh to avoid unsightly sweat marks
- Spandex and lycra hug the body for a flattering figure
- Choose a ‘total’ look – match your tights, top and bra for the ultimate stylish look
So with those few style tips in mind, throw out your daggy, old running shorts and tees and jump into new and fashionable activewear to pound the pavement in style.