ARC Day 2015 is to celebrate the fifth birthday of the ARC Group NSW Incorporatation as a registered an incorporated association under the Associations Incorporation Act on 1 April 2010.
ARC is a consumer run organisation for people with a lived experience of mental health issues.
ARC is a Health Promotion Charity and Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). It holds a NSW charitable fundraising authority and is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
For information on the registration details go to Corporate Information.
The work since our incorporation has focussed on creating a stable and steady platform upon which to build success. The Rules of the association, available from the Resources Page list the following activities we seek to grow.
The Principal Activities of ARC are:
1 Engaging in community development including education, training and skills sharing; 2 Providing paid and voluntary employment for people with lived experience of mental health issues who live in the community, as a pathway to community participation and social inclusion; 3 Providing a stigma free creative space in which people with lived experience of mental health issues can;
– explore and participate in a range of peer support and creative arts activities
– kindle hopes and dreams for their future lives
– learn and share skills for turning their dreams in to reality
– establish friendships, and
– build self esteem and self efficacy with the support of their peers; 4 Conducting activities which support people with lived experience of mental health issues in participating as citizens in the wider community; and 5 Evaluating the services provided to expand the evidence base for the value of peer delivered services in the support of mental health recovery, and the social and emotional wellbeing for people with lived experience of mental health issues.
The ARC Group NSW Incorporated is an association which is governed by a Management Committee elected by the members at each Annual General Meeting.
The Management Committee meets on a monthly basis for a formal committee meeting and at least once a year to review the strategic direction of the association.
The Management Committee has created a Strategic Plan to provide an active focus to the Principle Activities.
The plan can be found here.