Ever wanted to get into the Guiness Book of Records?! Well here's your chance!
Join us for the international GREAT CLOTH DIAPER CHANGE! In conjunction with the Australian Nappy Association; Nest Nappies, Bubblebubs, New Age Nappies, Upsy Baby and Eco Parents invite you and your family to join them at the first ever Brisbane Great Cloth Diaper Change event!
In 2014 the 2013 record of 8,301 simultaneous cloth nappy changes was broken with 8,459 qualifying participants at 188 locations in 18 countries accross 6 continents! On Saturday April 18th we plan to kick that number out of the ball park and set a new 2015 record!
This is how it works.....
Come early! Catch up with old friends or make new ones, check out the nappies on sale, grab a coffee, buy raffle tickets, do lots of totally legitimate cloth bum stalking!!
At the allocated time all record attempt participants will enter a sectioned off "changing area". A group photo is taken then at the signal everyone changes their baby from a cloth or disposable nappy into a 100% reusable cloth nappy. It's not a race! Everyone just needs to begin the change at the same time!
When everyone is done babies are counted again, nappies are counted, the officials do their official thing and another group photo is taken. At the end of the event the results from our local attempt are submitted along with all the other events happening around the globe.
Guidelines for participation:
To be eligable to participate in the world record breaking attempt you need to meet the following criteria
1. Child whose nappy will be changed must be 99.1cm or shorter.
2. Each child must be accompanied by an adult - only ONE child per adult. Each child must have a dedicated nappy changer (or each nappy changer a dedicated child!!) - we can arrange spares of each at the event!
3. Each child must be changed into a cloth, reusable nappy (see nappy guidelines for more details)
4. only adults and children participating in the record attempt will be allowed in the official changing area.
If you're bringing along other children please ensure you have someone available to supervise them.
1. Only cloth, reusable nappies that can be purchased online, at a physical shop or through a nappy service are eligable (this includes nappies made and sold by WAHMs or purchased on Etsy).
2. Nappies made by you for your own personal use are not eligable (unless you are a WHAM and sell your product commercially)
3. Prefolds, flats and fitted nappies as well as MCNs are eligable, so long as they are commercially available.
4. Nappies that use disposable inserts are NOT allowed as they are not 100% reusable however disposable/flushable liners are allowable as they are not a part of the nappy itself.
5. Babies cannot be changed into a disposable nappy (we thought we should make it REALLY obvious!)
6. Your baby can ARRIVE and be changed out of any kind of nappy - cloth, disposable, hybrid - they just have to be changed into a cloth nappy during the world record attempt!
If you do not own a cloth nappy, please email us after registering and we will gladly arrange one for you. Nappies will be available for sale on the day.
THE DOLL & TEDDY BEAR GREAT CLOTH DIAPER CHANGE
We don't think you can start being a cloth nappy advocate too early in life!! Whilst it's not up for a world record (yet!) we want to celebrate that lots of our kids love their cloth nappies as much as we do. So we will be holding a Doll & Teddy Great Cloth Diaper Change at the same time as our official GCDC attempt.
Just outside of our official change area we will have a secondary change area where your older children can join in changing their doll/teddy/other special toy at the same time. You can bring your own toy cloth nappy or we'll have some on the day available for you to borrow. Participants will receive their own certificate! Be sure to book your child in when you book your own tickets!