Yarra Clothing & Toy Swap - Melbourne - Has Ended
Are your old toys sitting in a cupboard gathering dust? Have your kids grown out of all their old clothes?
Does your wardrobe need a refresh? Is it filled with unworn items that just might be someone else’s fashion treasure?
Why not swap them?!
Swapping is a great way to enjoy ‘new’ things without the price tag or the environmental impacts.
Come along to the Yarra clothing & Toy Swap at the Proud to be Yarra Festival to exchange your old toys and clothes with other local families.
We have a toy & clothing swap for the kids begining at 11am & a Clothing swap for adults at 1pm
How it works
- Register before the day – it is free.
- Bring along a maximum of six (6) clothing items and/or six (6) toys in good condition
- Check in with the swap team at 11am (kids clothing & toy swap) or 1pm (adult clothing swap) – this is where we will screen your items, to make sure everyone is getting a good deal.
- You will receive one token per item, which you can then swap for other items
- Once we have finished checking all the items will go on display and the Swap Shop will open.
- When you are happy with the items you have selected, you can check out with the swap team.
- Enjoy your ‘new’ toys and clothes!
What to bring
- Toys must be clean and clothes should be folded or pressed
- Items should be of good quality with a long potential lifespan
- Items should be free of faults or with minor faults that are easy to repair (for example, a missing button or batteries)
In other words – would you be happy to give this item to a friend?
One last thing
The more swappers who come along… the more items for you to chose from so don’t forget to share the event on social media and encourage your friends to come along.
There are plenty of other activities on the day. Be sure to check them out at our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yarraprojectzeroypz
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, just registering for the event is good and will help us assess the numbers