Hosted by the combined Rotary Clubs of Lismore, Opera at The Channon is now in its 18th year and the 2015 event promises to again bring an afternoon of fine food, wine and song!
Opera at The Channon was created in 1996 to:
• provide the Northern Rivers region with a quality cultural event
• raise money for local charities
Over the last 17 years Opera at The Channon has become one of the most popular cultural events on the NSW North Coast, featuring performers from the Young Queensland Opera Company and more recently Opera Australia.
Opera buffs and guests are encouraged to dress formally and choose to either:
• enjoy a ‘fine dining’ luncheon experience in a grand marquee (bookings essential)
• bring their own gourmet picnic and enjoy lunch in the grounds of Coronation Park
• enjoy a special barbeque lunch prepared and available for pre purchase (bookings essential)
Prizes will be awarded for the best picnic table, best dressed man and lady and the most senior person. There are also FABULOUS raffle prizes to be won and drawn on the day.
More than 600 people usually attend the event with around 250 enjoying the ‘fine dining’ luncheon. Following lunch, guests are treated to an afternoon of fine music and songs from famous and popular Operas, performed by some of Australia’s best operatic talent.
Early bird $50 per person
After $65 per person
Opera + Luncheon
Early bird $135 per person
Opera + BBQ
Early bird $65
After $80 per person