In May 2015, I will be heading off on a volunteer trip to Ethiopia with The Hunger Project Australia - working with a particular focus on empowering women in local communities to build & maintain their personal & family health, and their ability to earn a sustainable income.
I'm incredibly excited and humbled to be chosen to participate in this project, but have a huge hurdle to overcome before I get started - raising a minimum donation of $10,000 that goes directly to The Hunger Project (I then fund around $6,000 of flight and on-ground costs myself).
To help me achieve this goal donation, and to help my single brothers and sisters on their search for love, I am hosting a singles night on Saturday, 14th February – yep, you now have a date for Valentine’s Day!
* Date: Saturday, 14th February
* Time: 7:30pm for 8pm start
* Location: Riva, St Kilda Marina, 82b Marine Parade, Elwood
* Entry cost: $85
What's included -
* Drink on arrival
* Door prizes
* This is more than just ‘buy a ticket and you’re at a singles event’ and less intimidating than 1:1 ‘speed dating’. I genuinely want to help my attendees find their match, so the event will be hosted, and will start with around 1 hour of activities seated at tables - this includes 3x rounds of activities (the girls stay seated, the boys move after each round). There will also be a couple of small ‘find your match’ activities after the official activities are completed.
For more details on THPA, or to view my fundraising page (to see why I’m participating in the project), please see below: -
1) THPA website - www.thp.org.au
2) What is THPA - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OuK94vRQOOE
3) My fundraising page - https://thp.secure.force.com/Donations/CICD__Fundraise?id=70190000000Wb9J
If you have any questions, please let me know - and I'll look forward to seeing you all there!
Thanks in advance for your support,