Kirrily will run 860kms over 12 days throughout regional NSW in support of White Ribbon and demonstrating a zero-tolerance stance toward violence against women.
The ultramaraton is a prime example of one person taking respsonsibility for actions that can lead to the elimination of violence against women.
This event aims to:
- Bring attention to the outstanding work in regional NSW that aims to stop violence against women
- Help educate the community about the nature of the issue and its enabling factors
- Encourage every Australian man and woman to think about steps they can take to help stop violence against women
- Encourage organisations, community groups and schools to sign up to a White Ribbon program and become leaders of change in their community
- Most importantly, to let the women of regional NSW know that they are not forgotten or alone.
Kirrily will showcase the work of these community groups, listen to the voices of experience, and follow their incredible learship as she learns practical steps that can help stop violence against women. To join the community converstaions and too see what is happening in your area please have a look at our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/whiteribbonrun/info
To get involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To show support for Kirrily and her ultramarathon, click here: https://give.everydayhero.com/au/kirrilyd.