Host your Lifestart Cook for Kids event and make a difference!
Register online at www.cookforkids.org.au
Lifestart Cook for Kids is a major fundraising event for Lifestart that embraces food, adults and children. Businesses, schools, community groups and families can don an apron and grab a spatula to host a morning tea, lunch or dinner at home, school or at work and serve their favourite treats.
Held from 20 - 27 October 2014, the inaugural Cook for Kids promises to be a recipe for success.
Participants are encouraged to share a meal with their friends, work colleagues or family, and make a donation towards the meal to raise money for Lifestart’s early childhood intervention and school age inclusion programs supporting children and young people living with a disability or delay, their families and carers.
Cook for Kids can be carried out anywhere - at home, in the office, in a playground, a picnic, in a store or in a shop.
- A group of people who love food
- An event to cook for - morning tea, month of birthdays, anniversaries, awards, sporting achievements, lunch or dinner
- Participants bring and share a plate or host the event
- Mix in some generosity and goodwill with fun activities
- Make a donation towards the meal
- Send the donation to Lifestart - hosts can register as an individual, corporate, sports team or school and invite colleagues, friends or family to attend and donate to Cook for Kids via a donation box or through an online fundraising platform.
Organising your Cook for Kids event is fun and simple.
- Register online at www.cookforkids.org.au, phone 02-9364-0111 or email email@example.com and Lifestart will send you out an event kit containing all the information you need to host your Cook for Kids event.
Each registration will also include a free Time Out magazine and after your event, a Steggles discount voucher.
- Set a date. You can host a Cook for Kids event between the official dates 20th October – 27th October 2014, but if the date doesn’t suit, simply choose a date that does, any time in October.
- Host your Cook for Kids and raise funds. Grab your friends, family, work colleagues or neighbours and invite them over for some mouth watering goodies.
- Raise funds. In your kit you’ll find some great ideas to raise money including raffles and bake offs. Remember, the more you raise, the more we can put towards our Lifestart programs.
- Online Chef Dinner Auction. Chef Liam Crawley has kindly donated a private delicious three course dinner for 8 guests in your own home worth over $800. For your chance to win this fantastic experience visit the auction website.
- Fundraising page. Set up a unique online fundraising page for Cook for Kids 2014 via fundraising platform Everyday Hero to start raising money for Lifestart’s programs which support children living with disability. All funds raised will help Lifestart provide early childhood intervention services and school age years inclusion support programs for children living with disability or delay, their families and carers.
So get involved and help make a difference
Create your individual or team ‘Hero Page’. ‘Hero Pages’ are simple to set up, can be personalised and there is no cost involved. Once established, they allow you to email family, friends or work colleagues and ask for them to sponsor you. Sponsors can then donate and leave a message of support. Click Here to establish your Lifestart Cook for Kids ‘Hero Page’.
Other Fundraising Options
Donations over $2 are tax deductible. (DGR Status 444769).
Receipts are generated automatically online for donations made via the fundraising pages and posted for those donations made directly to Lifestart or DONATE NOW via the Lifestart website www.lifestart.org.au.
Cheques, money orders and credit card payments can be made direct to Lifestart at
PO Box 3277,
Putney NSW 2112.
For further information contact the Lifestart events team on
Tel: 9364 0111 or