Run with Dad, Fathers Day Fun Run, is a community event aimed at raising money and awareness of Prostate Cancer.
Taking place at East Point Reserve on September 7 at 7.30am, the 4km Fun Run / Walk is a great opportunity to have fun and run or walk with your Dad, or your family and friends. You don't have to be an elete athlete to take part and we encourage Dad's to run with their kids!
Prostate cancer kills more than 3 000 men every year. Lets show our support for those men battling the disease and encourage the men in our lives to get tested and be aware of the symptoms.
It won't just be a Fun Run - there will also be BBQ breakfast and kids activities available.
All entry fees and money raised will go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia!
*Don't forget to bring your reciept on the day so we know you have paid your registration*
Early Bird registration is available until 5pm August 29th. Registration is available on the day but will cost $20.
Terms & Conditions
- By completing an entry in the Run with Dad Fun Run, you are accepting the terms and conditions of the event as detailed below.
- Entries in the Run with Dad Fun Run are to be completed online at eventbrite.com.au On-line entries will close on Friday August 29 2014 at 5:00pm. Registrations will also be accepted on race day at the start location but entry fee will be $10 more, totalling $20.
- For an entry to be valid, all entrants must complete the entry form and pay the required entry fee prior to the commencement of the event. Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry form and is not transferable.
- Entrants must remain on the designated course as marked by race officials.
- The overall winner of the 4km Run will be the first individual over the line in both male and female categories.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser, contractors, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, death, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- All entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury including but not limited to: over exertion, dehydration and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
- All entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation. If an entrant becomes aware of any such condition or impairment or they are injured or sick prior to the event, they have the opportunity to withdraw. All entrants will provide the event organiser details of any medical or other condition that may be relevant should medical treatment be required or may affect their participation in the event.
- Each entrant agrees to abide by any advice given by the event medical officers regarding their health and consent to receive and pay for any medical treatment, including transport by ambulance, required before, during or after the event.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw or should the event be cancelled or changed due to reasons beyond the control of the event organisers such as safety reasons or extreme weather conditions, the entry fee is non refundable.
- Entrants consent to the use of their name, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers. Entrants also consent to receiving e-mail based communications from the event organiser relating to Run with Dad Fun Run offers and future events.
- All entrants must walk or run unassisted. Bikes, skateboards, rip sticks, rollerblades or similar items are prohibited for safety reasons. Children in strollers/ prams are permitted but must commence at the rear of the race start. Strollers and similar devices must meet Australian Safety Standards and have appropriate safety restraints.
- Dogs are not permitted.
- All entrants accept that the event organiser’s decision is final and that no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants consent to follow all directions by event organisers in relation to this event.
- I am over 18 years. If the entrant registering is under 18, I certify that I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 18 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I have read the terms and conditions for participation in this event and accept on their behalf and have decided they are capable of completing the course they have entered.