23 and 24 August 2014
55 for 5 is a two-day outdoor hiking challenge to help raise much-needed funds for people living with leukaemias, lymphomas, myeloma and related blood disorders. Every day six people in Queensland are diagnosed with one of these illnesses.
The Leukaemia Foundation of Queensland is challenging YOU to:
- raise a minimum of $555
- complete a 55 kilometre bushwalk through the Sunshine Coast’s Great Walk track in two days.
55 for 5 isn’t a walk in the park—it is a demanding hike that is achievable by all age groups. You must be aged 18 or over on 22 August 2014 to participate.
For full details of the walk and to register, please visit the 55 for 5 website.
- Day 1 – 32.5 kilometres, Mapleton National Park
- Day 2 – 22.5 kilometres, Baroon and Mapleton Falls section of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk
Participants pay a $200 registration fee, in addition to a minimum fundraising requirement of $555. The $200 registration fee includes:
- two nights accommodation Friday 22 August and Saturday 23 August
- Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Sunday breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea
- transport to and from accommodation to walk entries/exits
- 55 for 5 souvenir