Cancer screening rates in regional areas often fall below the South Australian average, specifically in the Outback North and East, Limestone Coast, Mid North and Murray Mallee regions.
Hosted by Cancer Council SA, this session is designed to educate and inform regional South Australians on the importance of the early detection of cancer through cancer screening.
Cancer screening helps to detect cancer early, which can make a huge difference. For example, if detected early, the five-year survival rate of breast cancer is 91 per cent.
During the session, you’ll learn about:
• Breast, bowel and cervical cancer, and how to reduce your risk;
• The national breast, bowel and cervical cancer screening programs;
• How screening detects cancer early;
• What screening tests you or your loved ones are eligible for; and
• Where to access them locally.
All attendees receive take home information and resources to support their participation in the national screening programs.
Select a date below to register your attendance. If you have any questions, please call 08 8291 4269 or email email@example.com