The Estate of Mr. Romaldo Giurgola has generously donated a range of his personally collected works to the Wagga Wagga Art Gallery and the Friends.
Romaldo Giurgola AO (1920–2016), was an architect, and founding partner of the firm that won the international design competition for Australia’s New Parliament House in 1980. By the early 1960s his style, mixing modernist and inclusive flavours, saw him identified as a key member of the ‘Philadelphia School’.
Some of the donated works are to be held in the Wagga Wagga Art Gallery Collection while the remainder will be auctioned by FOG. The auction proceeds will go towards funding a new acquisition in line with the Collection that could intersect with Mr. Giurgola’s life.
The auction will be held on Sunday the 18th of April at 3 pm at the Art Gallery with viewings to be held on from 2 pm. Images of the collection will also be shared via Facebook. The event will be ticketed via donation and includes a paddle and a drink on arrival.