The 2020 Mummy Run isn’t a race – it’s a chance to work together and show your support for those living with perinatal depression.
Perinatal depression is a condition that affects 100,000 families across Australia every year. This is your chance to help us help them.
You can take part in the main Mummy Run at Toowong in Brisbane, or organise a Mummy Run of your own wherever you live! For more information on how to set up an event, just email us at email@example.com
What is a Mummy Run?
- The event is designed to run like a relay.
- Each relay team should be comprised of 4-10 people - the more people in your team, the less running you have to do!
- Runners don't have to be mums...they can be kids, dads, grandparents, or anyone that is keen to run a few laps for a great cause.
- The first runner completes five laps (2kms) before they hand the baton to the next runner.
- The second runner then completes five laps (2kms) and so on until 80km is completed.
The main Mummy Run is being held at Jack Cook Park, Toowoong (Brisbane, Queensland).
Mummy Runs can, however, be held any where as long as you are willing to coordinate it, have access to a 400m running track (athletics field) and at least four runners to participate in the relay.
Organising a Mummy Run is very simple to do, and we're here to help you! If you'd like to know more about running another Mummy Run in your town or suburb, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where do the funds go?
All money raised through the Mummy Run is used to fund White Foundation's Meals for Mums service.
This service, which is believed to be the only one of its kind in Australia, provides 20 nutritious, home-delivered meals to new or expecting mothers with, or at risk of developing, perinatal depression. These meals are designed to nutritionally support the mother as well alleviate the stress of having to prepare food for not just herself, but other members of the family. The service also provides phone support through the program coordinator, opportunities for social connection and links to additional community services.
Every $120 raised means we can support another mum with meals and make a world of difference to her and her family.
How to take part in the Mummy Run
- Get a team together
- Register here
- Set up your own Everyday Hero fundraiser page at www.everydayhero.com.au/event/mummyrun2020 and start fundraising! (Make sure you create your individual profile first before joining a team page)
- Start training!
- Make sure you have 1 GPS watch per team for us to attach to your team baton!
$50 per runner
For more information please email email@example.com or call 1300 702 926.