Raise awareness and money for youth homelessness. Help MCM to break the cycle and HELP PUT HOMELESSNESS TO BED!
- Nearest street: Jolimont Terrace
- Nearest train station: Jolimont or Richmond stations
- On foot: 1.3km walk from Flinders Street Station
Scarves and PJs, plus board games and snacks will be a few necessary items more than 1,800 Melburnians will want to pack in their sleepover bag, as they prepare for Sleep At The ’G 2019.
This is the seventh-year Melbourne’s holy grail of sport—the MCG—will host the city’s largest mass participation sleeper event dedicated to putting youth homelessness to bed.
Why sleep at the ‘G’?
Every dollar raised will be put toward upgrading and furnishing facilities at MCM’s crisis accommodation centres across the city, a step towards ensuring those who are at risk of homelessness will have the support they need. Some of the great activity on the night include:
- Sleepwear Fashion Show
- Prize Announcements: Golden Couch Winner, Sleep on the boundary lines winners, Event App- Scavenger Hunt,
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Hand Ball competition
- Hip Hop Yoga
- Facilitated panel discussion with young people with lived experience of homelessness and staff from Frontyard Youth Services
- DJ Fuzzy set
- DJ Unleashed set
About Sleep At The ‘G:
Over 1,800 participants and volunteers will spend the night at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), raising over $1.2 million to support young people experiencing homelessness in Victoria on May 16.
For more information on how to register or donate, visit the official website.