Bags of Love is a day dedicated to packing gifts and necessities for women and children who will be living in crisis accommodation over the 'festive' period as they flee extreme violence at home.
Just turn up with the desire to do something good for someone you don't know, a smile and a gift or two for the Bags of Love.
[some sticky tape wouldn't go astray too]
impact and its helpers will be packing 1,000 Bags of Love this Christmas - none of this can be done without help on the day, giving of donations and delivering the hampers.
What to Donate:
* Your time (We need you! Anyone from 5yrs old to 95yrs)
* Treats (Chocolates,
Gifts (mugs, perfume, makeup, small gifts, journals)
* Clothing (gloves, scarves, sunglasses)
* Necessities (toothbrushes, toothpaste, plates, cups)
* Manchester (towels, sheets, face clothes)
PLEASE NOTE: impact is not currently approved to accept second hand products - at this stage ALL donations must be new.
What we need:
* Donations of gifts or money
* Set up on Saturday 1 December in the afternoon
* Packing of Bags of Love on Sunday 2 December in the morning
* Clean up on Sunday 2 December in the afternoon
* Drivers to collect Bags of Love on Sunday 2 December at lunchtime to deliver to Safe Houses in the following 7-10 days