Join us for a workshop on Crowdfunding for Social Causes!
Donation-based crowdfunding is a new way of raising funds and allows you to source money for a project by asking a large number of contributors to donate a small amount, and asking a small number of contributors to donate a large amount. In return, backers may receive token rewards that increase in prestige as the size of the donation increases.
Chuffed.org is one of the leading (free!) global crowdfunding platforms for social causes. During this Workshop, we will give you an introduction to Crowdfunding and take you through the 5 Steps to a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign for Social Causes:
- Find your crowd (figure out who is going to support your project and why)
- Tell a specific, inspiring story that your supporters care about
- Set an achievable target and blow it out of the park
- Build early momentum
- Create a marketing and promotion plan for your campaign
About the Speaker
Heiko Plange FFIA, CFRE - Senior Philanthropy Adviser
- Heiko has extensive experience in managing fundraising and corporate partnership programs. He has worked with organisations spanning health, education, and community services and is currently the Senior Philanthropy Advisor at the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research. Heiko is a Fellow of the Fundraising Institute of Australia.
- As a Chuffed.org star campaigner and our first local ambassador on the ground, Heiko is happy to share his professional experience as well as learnings from the North Perth Free-climbing Dome campaign that raised an amazing $43,000 in 30 days
- $30 Early Bird Discount
- $60* Standard ticket price (with discount code for existing Chuffed.org Campaigners or registered charities)
As this is a hands-on workshop, places are limited to max. 15 participants.
*Discounts available for registered charities. Please get in touch with email@example.com to request a discount code.
What previous attendees say
"Thanks very much for an enjoyable and useful workshop, it definitely broadened my understanding of what is possible and confidence to run a campaign. Thanks too for the information and again for your support, it is greatly appreciated." - Trish Appleton-Fox, Centre Manager, The Rainbow Centre for Children
So whether you're new to crowdfunding, planning to run a crowdfunding campaign but don't know where to start or just looking for new ideas for your current or future campaigns, we look forward to see you there!